The unit is far from terrible but not close to perfect either. I'd like to see the following in it:
- Capacitive screen. Absolutely essential. After using one, resistive screens look bad and feel bad. Multitouch may be a gimmick, but it's one I want, very much so.
- Better battery. I'm getting maybe 100mins of wifi usage and not much more on standby. I want days worth of standby.
- Better processor/graphics/UI. I don't know who is to blame here. Maybe Android isn't using the graphics processor well. Maybe the graphics processor is poor. Maybe the CPU is the bottleneck. Who knows? I just want it to be better.
- Hardware HDMI output on/off switch.
- GPS/Bluetooth. I can buy a GPS unit for €15. A bluetooth dongle for €2. There's lots of room inside.
- A digital compass.
- Beer dispenser. This is my daydream after all!
- A screen twice as big. Almost square, like 1200 * 1024. That would be about 13" on the diagonal. But just so much better... although I could live without these last two.
I'm not alone in searching for a better way! Here are some other people looking to improve their pads: